Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Ultra Templar Versus the Necron Hordes Part 2

As I have said before I have a nice little army of Space Marines...and I am not even done yet...much less painted any of them but the Ol' Terminator Chaplain...(by the way he has lived through seven battles and not taken a wound yet...but he kills a lot).


1250 Points of Necrons Vs 1250 Points of Ultra Templar

His force of Necrons consisted of:
3 - 10 man Warrior Squads
The Nightbringer
3 - Destroyers
1 Necron Lord on Destroyer Body

My Ultra Templar Force consisted of:
2 - Man Terminator Squads
2 - Chaplains in Terminator Armour - Attached to one Terminator Squad each
1 - Land Raider - Attached to one of the Terminator Squads
2 - 10 Man Tactical Squads (Missile Launcher, Multi-Melta, x2 Flamers)

Turn One:
I rolled higher but I allowed him to move first...he moved his 6" then messured and saw that he was lacking on distance...

I Moved my 6" and rolled a 4" on everyones running...which was funny...Land Raider Moved all out and Fired one of its Twin-Linked Lascannons at the Nightbringer...nothing happened there...

Turn Two:
He moved again took his Destroyers and turned to fire into my Land Raider...Two Shots Missed the other hit but did literally no damage...I looked at him and said..."I bet my guess just laughed..."

MY turn allowed me to get the land Raider up close enough to unload my terminators in there and my other terminator squad on the other side of the board was clsoe enough to assault this turn...I open fire again with Twin-linked Lascannons...and every other heavy weapon I had and took out the Nightbringer...poof...I was happy...Terminators turned to the destroyer squad took them out and the Necron Lord on Destroyer Body...other side of the field I rapid fire into the Necron Hordes and took out a few...Missile Launcher scattered away into open ground...

I then assaulted with my other Terminator Squad into a warrior squad...ripped through all of them...Power Weapons cleaving through them like there is no tomorrow...

Turn Three:
He brings back most of the ones that were shot up...including Nightbringer...wait is that even legal...ok fine...he only has one wound left anyway...I make all my armour saves when he opens fire. No one assaults me...

My turn consisted of firing the Missile Launcher again...direct hit...ordance blast covers seven guys...HECK YEAH...wait...what do you mean 4 make their armour save...SON OF A...

I assault with my two squads of terminators into the warrior squads...Land Raider puts Nightbringer down again...All but two guys are left in one squad and another squad of warriors is all that is left at this point...he should have phased out but I have not lost a single man at this point and was feeling greedy...

Turn Four:
None of his men make the WBB rolls...he rapid fires into my guys...I lose a Terminator...

My turn consisted of his brothers avenging him...ripping through the rest of the Necron Horde like a hot knife through butter...

-------------------------------

At the end of this game I had lost a single Terminator to his entire army...that is what happens when you rid out those invul saves and make them so well and those 2+ armour saves on the Terminators are soooo good...but not good enough to save that Terminator...

All in All...I would say this battle is something to brag about...32 men went in and killed a small Necron Horde...31 came out...and not a single Necron left...

6 Wins - 2 Draws - 1 Loss

2 comments:

  1. uhm.. 2 things,

    1) the Nightbringer hasn't got We Will Be Back, so he won't come back to bother you again (yeah!) he'll explode instead (seriously he does :P)
    2) a frag missile uses a normal blast template not an ordnance template.. so you'd probably hit only 4 of them..

    nice game though :)

    Folkert

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I re-read the rules last night he did not have the necron rule for the WBB rolls..my brother is now completely disapointed...haha

    and I also relized I was using the big template not the small one like I should be...

    But seeing that I have only played 9 games total...and he is on #2 himself...I think it is about right...hopefully I can drag him to the local gaming club to get more practice in there...

    ReplyDelete