Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Wolfin time...

It is kinda like Pimpin Time...but only for Space Wolves...haha



Oh common we all know that the New codex is out in the begining of October...and we all know that some Imperial Guard player won the Ard Boyz contest without breaking a sweat...but today is something even better...

For me anyway...

I have in my hand a copy of the Space Wolves Codex...and oh my Bejesus himself...it is truely a great sight...I can have a Long Fangs Squad with Heavy Bolters and Multi-Meltas at around 125 for a squad...throw on a Razorback for 40 points...add even more fire power to the squad...and yes I was right a while back...I do not get to max out my Long Fang squad to 10 like the Devastator Squads in the Space Marine codex...so instead of 5 extra bolters I get an extra heavy weapon...haha I think that is a more then fair trade...and if I loose a guy I would want to take out the Heavy Weapons first so I can divide my firing onto multiple targets because of the Sergeant in the squad...also...Heavy Bolters are 5 points a piece...I KNOW RIGHT...5 Heavy Bolters for 25 points...that is a lot of shots...haha

Wolf Guard Squads...they are not an Independent Character like the Battle Leader and such...(by the way we get the Wolf Lord and then the Wolf Leader just like the last codex) but max out the weapons and take them out of the squad to put with another squad as a sergeant...neat I know...

There is no Russ tanks unfortantly...nor is there a Thunderfire Cannon...or Servo Harnesses for the Iron Wolf Priest...which I think is wierd on that last part..but hey atleast those weapon destroyed will come back on a roll of 5+ and you get to a 1 for each Thrall w/Servo Arm as well...got two Thralls...roll a 3 or better and that Twin-Linked Assault Cannon is back in business...haha

Grey Hunters are exactly as you have all heard...15 points a piece...but only one Power Weapon/Fist...no two per squad...le sigh...and also only one Plamsa Pistol...but hey they made up for the only one power weapon with the Mark of the Wulfen on one man in the squad...that will help...haha...that and if it is a 10 man squad we get two flamers for free...haha

Blood Claws...nice little +2 on the charge for attacks with the Basic Bolt Pistol, CCW included...throw on the Trickseter...and poof...neat little squad of doom and destruction...haha

the Lone Wolves are really cool...I like that idea a lot...start out cheap as heck with their stat line and go up from there...but the points will sink into him real quick...basic Lone Wolf with Terminator Armour and lets just say Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield w/ 2 wolves...you will break 100 points easy...

I really don't see a lot of people using a jump pack squad with the blood claws at the helm...unless they just want to have death from above...haha...yes the Storm Claws get the +2 on the charge just like the Blood Claws...wait...they are Blood Claws...with Jump Packs...HEY WAIT A SECOND...that is the same as the last codex...haha

Honestly...I expect Games Workshop to have a second wave of Space Wolves...of just wolves...haha...Thunderwolf Calvary...Cyberwolves...Wolf Packs...Packs of Wolves...wolves on crack...crack on wolves...so on and so forth...hahaI think the only people that cannot get a wolf or two per squad from the base points are the Grey Hunters and Blood Claws...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment