Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Holy Bejesus Himself...

I am sooo looking forward to the new Space Wolves Codex...I have a 3k Space Wolf army on its way right now...but that is under the old codex rules and point system...I am thinking Grey Hunters to the extreme maybe Ragnar with a few packs of Blood Claws and Long Fangs out the ying-yang...

Honestly...did a mess around game the other day...4 man Long Fang squad...two Heavy Bolters, one Multi-Melta and the Sergeant with a Flamer...my brother played a Chaplain with a jump pack and plasma pistol and a Veteran Assault Marine with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol came to be almost the same amount of points...I fired everything I had at that Assault Marines...except the Multi-Melta...fired that at the Chaplain...he made every save he could...that was 6 Heavy Bolter shots per firing round...I just laughed because right before he was in assault range...he failed a single armour save and the Assault Marine died...it was great...by then the Chaplain was there but he got ate up by the Flamer from the Sergeant...

I just found that funny as heck...But they firing at two choices is a great thing for the Long Fangs...and if you give him a Flamer he can only reach 8 or so inches out so he won't be able to fire unless they are in assault range anyway...haha and by then everything would be fired at that squad anyway...

Also I was reading over a number of Blogs concerning the new Space Wolf codex...seems a number of people have already seen it and everything...haha

I am really looking forward to it...I am however not happy that the Grey Hunters are down to one power weapon/fist per squad...I really liked my power weapon/fist combo with a melta...that worked pretty well in those squads...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment