Saturday, July 18, 2009

OH DEAR GAWD...

The sheer numbers...ever get a chance to play an apoc game...you should...just make sure you have the time...I got a chance to use every model I had...3 Chaplains, a Librarian, 3 Techmarines more Apothocaries then you could shake a stick at and 11 tactical squads...11 man...good gawd it was great for me...over 7,000 worth of points to me alone...had two other team mates another Space Marine player with 2,500 worth of points and an Imperial Guard with 5,500 worth of men and tanks...and he had over three times as many as the other SM player and me...haha...Plus we got to use some other Titans for the Imperial Side...it was f'in sweet...

Against 15,000 points of NIDS...

Ever seen a Bio-Titan...I have...it dies real quick against two Warhound Titans...(The Warhounds were the stores and no I did not take any pictures...sorry)...

Using a giant field we lasted two full turns before they were in range to assault...well assault our first line of defense which was me of course...as I the most points so I was in the front line as well as the right side of the board holding that side...Imperial Guard in the middle and the other SM player to the left side...nids everywhere else...haha

Wave after wave of gaunts, and warriors, and everything that came in range died in the most horrible fashion...but my men knew we were just buying time...And because my men were made of sterner stuff (I guess this was before we lost so many to the Necrons and then to Chaos Powers...haha) but in the end the nids got to my first line of me...That is when I dropped in my first 10 man squad of terminators right behind them...and ate up the two other warriors squads behind the one that just assaulted me...none of them surivied...then my terminators turned around and opened fire again into more hordes...3 rhinos raced forward with a Land Raider Crusaider and tried to pick up the 10 men and get them back to our lines...I was able to save 4 of the 10 men that day...but the terminators were able to take out 4 squads of gaunts and 1 of the Mr12 shots...Powerfist for the win...haha

Moving in Reverse and firing as we go we reaped a fearsome tally...

By the third turn the left side with the other SM player was hit...almost full force...the right side where I was simply killed everything that came close to them before assault range was even meet...the men in the front...killed everything they could...and right before turn four jumped back into their rhinos and pulled back the full 12 inches...allowing them to live to turn five...but by now the nids were in range of the Flashlights of DOOM...haha...silly Imperial Guard thinking they can kil...OH MY GAWD...That is right the massed fire of 5k worth of Imperial Guard weapons killed everything...but everything was not done yet...the SM player to the left...dissappeared under waves of gaunts and warriors and everything nid...and turned their attention to the Imperial Guard...

So I did what any Space Marine Commander would have done...full out 12 inches and make a wall with my Rhinos...as the Rhinos were blown up my men just open fire killing everything that was in range...rapid fire was my friend...till the next turn...the front line Space Marines were now the Left Side Space Marines with the two or three squads left from the orginal 2500 points and my divereted about 2k as well...combined after turn 5 we had maybe 1000 points of men left...and they were dying quick...the Imperial Guard fired everything they could but not enough was killed...the Warhounds had already been taken out two turns ago after putting a nice sized dent into the Nids...or so we thought...stupid Nid rules of coming back into play from the farside of the field...stupid apoc extra rules...haha

down to about 3500 worth of SM points I charged forward...I would end up reaping a fearsome tally on turn six and even turn seven...and I surived longer then either of the two other guys on my team...but in the end...my suriving terminators made a circle...

and fought to the last...
Turn 1


Turn 6


Turn 7

No comments:

Post a Comment