Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I have fun I swear I do...

I am lucky enough to live 30 or so odd minutes away from not one but two locations where I can play 40k with two different sets of people...

But here is the catch...

Catch one...where I started playing is just my little group of people...8 people tops...nice little group but at times can be as little as 3 people on a given play day...which can suck a bit...

Catch two...the second location has a minimum of 6 people show up...for use of just 2 tables...great I know but rarely do I get a chance to play a 1 on 1 up there...Then to top it all off...the dreaded store rules...Ok I honestly have no issue with Store Rules if they are fun...but they go to the extreme...a basic example is this

Craters...

If there is a crater on the field...I am on the other side of it...farthest point away from you but still on the lip of the crater...but not in the crater...would I not get a cover save anyway...lets say 1 or 2 guys are in the crater...but for the most part I am on the other side of said crater...

Would I not get the cover save from that...I say yes as the lip is sitting right there covering me...most would agree...I mean sure if I am on your side of the crater right there point blank why would I...but other side...yes of course I would...Catch 2 store says this about craters...

"While they may be showing raised on the table itself one must think that since it is a crater it is in the table itself and thus you must be inside the said crater to get said cover save..."

ok last time I checked...even used old war photos...craters went up into the air...just like a crater would in the 40k game itself...what the heck people...really...

While the first store we are much more laid back...yes a few play to win and win alone...but in all honesty we are there for fun and games...a few jokes some laughs...etc...store 2...is all about the books...TO THE EXTREME...MUHAHAHAHAHA type stuff...dont get me wrong rules are great...but jesus man I am a 1/4 from range with rapid fire and I just gave it to you a second ago when you shot at my guys...what do you mean I am still short...fine whatever...say Hi to mr assault cannon...

They have 3 people up there that will move something with their rulers too...yeah that dread is in range of the melta rule of thumb...it is too...no I did not just pull him 1/2 forward to make sure he was in range...



Or my favorite...hide in a fortifyed building with two windows...ok both windows have a heavy weapon guy in it...sure shoot with them...no issues here...wait what do you mean I am in rapid fire range of the 4 other bolter marines up there...it is a window...1 guy...I just did that a few seconds ago from my own building...wait my building is a ruins now...how did that happen...you never shot at it...what do you mean it has been from the begining...wait all of them have been...then how come you get a 3+ cover save...oohhhh... techmarine rule...gotcha...well the only techmarine on your field is my guy and I sure as hell did not do it...



gawd I hate when they change it from a building to a ruin...that one really pisses me off...

Store 2...kinda kills the fun for me...if I am looking for a giant game sure I will head that way...but I wont be expecting much...

No comments:

Post a Comment